Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Project Beer-Belly: Day One

"I don't know if you are familiar with the phrase 'The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglae', but aglae is the way things certainly seem to have ganged" - P.G. Wodehouse

So true. So true. I didn't manage to buy a set of bathroom scales yesterday because Argos didn't have the £3.49 set in stock. (Why would anyone pay £50 for bathroom scales when you can get a working set for £3.49? WHY?) Anyway, I ordered the ones I wanted and I'll have to pick them up on Monday or Tuesday. Not to be thwarted, however, I nicked into Bentall's in Ealing Broadway and weighed myself on a display set. Well, two display sets, actually, one of which was blatantly lying. I then went and bought myself a tape measure. So the official results on Day One of Project Beer-Belly are:

Weight: 14.5 stone
Girth of Beer Belly: 41 inches

So I think we can all agree that WORK needs to be done. I also bought a packet of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes and had a bowl for breakfast and one for lunch, as recommended by the Kellogg's Drop A Jean Size site. It had better work, that's all I can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home